homeIf you would like to comment on anything, and I wish you would. Please click on the little penc

Saturday 30 June 2012

I get up to mischief


I’m a very well behaved dog. Ask anyone. Well, perhaps it might be better not to ask Deirdre. She came to visit me one day and I welcomed her with my usual enthusiasm. I thought she would enjoy a little game, so I took her cardigan from the car and ran across the garden with it. I think she got a little exhausted chasing me as she tried to get it back. I’d soon had enough too, so I left the cardigan in a flowerbed. I’m sure the dirt washed out quite easily.


Perhaps it would be better not to ask my friends Ruvé and Michael either. They like it when Linda and David go away, because then I go and stay with them. They really enjoy my company as they don’t have any dogs of their own. Ruvé is actually an honorary poodle as she loves playing “tag” with me. She and Michael cook me nice meals too, like lardons and beef.


Anyway, one day I was staying there and having a really lovely time. Michael got himself a steak for supper, but somehow forgot to cook one for me. He went off to fetch something, leaving his steak behind. Then I realized that he had simply made a mistake and the steak was actually for me. So I ate it. It was delicious and I was just swallowing the last morsel when Michael came back. For some reason he was very unhappy and started shouting at me. He actually called me a “bad dog!”. (Really, I do think humans should learn to share more.) This upset me so much that I collected my red and black spotted bandana and headed home.


Ruvé and Michael found me there a couple of hours later. They were very pleased to see me, although I don’t recall that Michael actually apologized for upsetting me.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Rupert
    I am really enjoying your blogs about your life in France, especially as I have met you. Come on Kandy wasn't that bad, she was just defending her territory which I'm sure you would do as well. I hope your human beings are well.

    Your Kiwi friend Miriam

    ReplyDelete

Sorry that I've had to add the verification box, but I've started getting a lot of 'spam' comments & this is how I can stop them.
Thanks for your ynderstanding. Rupert.