homeIf you would like to comment on anything, and I wish you would. Please click on the little penc

Saturday 1 December 2012

Winter has arrived!


It’s cold out there, brrrrrrrrrrrr!

I'm a dog who likes his comfort. Give me a cosy rug in front of the fire or my bed with its three duvets and I'm a happy puppy. It’s not that I don't like a good romp in the snow now and then, who doesn't? But I don't like lots of cold — especially when I've just been to Funky Toilettage and had a lot of my fur clipped off.

I went to there yesterday, so Linda got my coat out for me to wear on our morning walk. I must say, with all due modesty, that I look pretty smart in it. That's why I don't mind wearing it, plus the fact that it helps keep me warm. I had a few good chases this morning too, which warmed me up. Didn't catch anything though. But I have heard talk about truffle hunting after Christmas. I can’t wait to show those annoying little truffles just who’s boss.

I'm lucky I guess compared to my Uncle Kuno and Aunt Polly. I heard Linda and David talking about what those two had to go though just to take their walks during the winter in Chicago. They not only had to have their coats on, but also had to have boots on as well. These were like long stockings with sheepskin soles that they had to wear on each paw. It took five minutes just for them to get ready to go for a walk. No thank you!

I even heard them say that after an ice storm David had to chop holes in the ice so they could relieve themselves without falling down on the slick ice. I can hardly imagine it.

I'll sign off now as it’s time for my afternoon nap. David's built a nice fire for me to lie in front of. And it may be chilly, but the sun is streaming in through the windows.

What a lucky dog I am.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry that I've had to add the verification box, but I've started getting a lot of 'spam' comments & this is how I can stop them.
Thanks for your ynderstanding. Rupert.