homeIf you would like to comment on anything, and I wish you would. Please click on the little penc

Tuesday 16 July 2013

A hunting I will go


It’s very hot at the moment, but I am a great hunter and great hunters do not spend their time lazing under trees. No, we stalk our prey whatever the weather. I think it’s too warm for truffles to venture out, so I have decided to catch a rabbit or two for David and Linda’s supper.

Linda and I were out for a walk the other morning when I saw a rabbit. I started to chase it — and I have to say it was a very rapid rabbit. Suddenly it disappeared behind a hedge. I couldn’t get to it, so I frightened it so that it ran back towards Linda. I thought she would help me catch it, but she just stood there while I ran up panting. Then, in the confusion, the rabbit escaped.

I saw a deer in the distance and thought about chasing that, but I was a bit too hot and decided to have a drink of water instead.

When I heard that Linda and David were going to visit my friends Doreen and Gavin, I hoped they would take me so that I could chase Kandy the cat to show I’m not scared of her. But they left me at home with nothing to hunt but a Frisbee.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry that I've had to add the verification box, but I've started getting a lot of 'spam' comments & this is how I can stop them.
Thanks for your ynderstanding. Rupert.