homeIf you would like to comment on anything, and I wish you would. Please click on the little penc

Wednesday 23 January 2013

Another dog needs a home


As you know, I want to help local dogs who are less fortunate than I am. My friend Terry sent me this note and asked for my help. Here's what she wrote:

"Can you help me? I came across this cute fellow who has no name, is believed to be 4/5 years old and has been living his life on a five foot leash surrounded by his own excrement. He's never walked or let off, played with or given the time of day other than fed.  He has a kennel which he could not use lie in as he had to use it as a toilet when he ran out of space outside!  Needless to say he is quite nervous but bursting to give his affection to you. He will need, I’m sure, patience and understanding and a bit of love would not go amiss either.
I have persuaded the owner to at least clean his kennel and outside area, which has been done but this is no solution to his problem.  Yes there are thousands of dogs kept like this, but I believe I met this fellow for a reason and to give a life to any one of these poor unfortunate animals is a very worthy thing to do!

"Even if you cannot rehome — let’s call him Reggie for now — you will be helping  by passing this appeal forward to friends/family etc and together we may find someone who can give him the life that all dogs deserve."


Please call Terry on 05.63.24.21.46  Thanks from me, Terry and Reggie xxx

3 comments:

  1. Hello Rupert,

    Robbie from Atlanta here. And happy New Year (my dad has just about recovered from it).

    Well, it's been quite a stressful day. The weather forecasters predicted that we might get a flake of snow. Naturally, as a wee chap from the Shetlands, although I have seen more than my share I still get very excited. And it really looked as if was going to happen: the forecasters stayed up all night, speculating whether or not we might get 0.00002 mm or more. Most of the schools closed, businesses closed, Atlanta airport (the world's busiest) cancelled many flights.

    And then I thought about playing in it, I thought of you. After all, I have my fur coat - what else do I need?

    It turned out we did not get a damned thing (am I allowed to say that - dad always does?). Not a flake. Not a drop of rain. Dad let me stand outside the house sniffing the cold air, but what kind of consolation is that?

    So here's the thing: I read that in France and the UK they have plenty of the stuff. I feel, as friends, that I can ask you a big favour - can you send me some? I will repay with bones.

    Sno long for now.

    Robbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Rupert,

    Robbie from Atlanta here. Well, it's been an exciting and stressful day. The weather for kasters were talking about the possibility of a sno flake yesterday. This is the kind of talk that gets a wee sheepdog from the Shetlands all excited. Even more when skools and kolleges started to close. Things almost hit boiling (or should I say freezing) point when the fore kasters stayed up all night .. well, for kasting.

    Did we get anything? Not a damned thing (can I say that? My dad often does).

    So here's the thing Rupert: I think of you as a friend, so I wondered, since you have so much of the white stuff, kan you send me some? I will will be glad to repay from my secret stash of burried bones.

    Sno long for now.

    Robbie

    By the way, I dictated all of this to my dad to send to you yesterday. And what happened? It disappeared into sigh per space. He really is useless at that sort of thing. I had to wake up from my nap to repeat it all to him.

    Humans...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even more when skools and kolleges started to close. Things almost hit boiling (or should I say freezing) point when the fore kasters stayed up all night .. well, for kasting.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry that I've had to add the verification box, but I've started getting a lot of 'spam' comments & this is how I can stop them.
Thanks for your ynderstanding. Rupert.