homeIf you would like to comment on anything, and I wish you would. Please click on the little penc

Thursday 17 January 2013

Let it snow


I really don’t know why the humans don’t like snow. I love it. OK, it is a bit cold under paw, but if I run around enough I don’t notice. And it’s great fun to kick lots of it up high, although I am sorry if it goes in Linda’s face. This morning, I dug around in the snow enthusiastically, thinking I might find a truffle or two hiding underneath, but I didn’t. It’s disappointing that I can’t go on my usual walks and I haven’t seen any of my friends for ages because we’re a bit cut off up the hill where we live. But I’m sure once the snow has gone we can all get together and laugh about how much the humans moan about the weather. The humans have to fend for themselves at times like this – I’m not a mountain rescue dog, despite my fluorescent jacket.

I also got an email from Benz the kitten. I know he’s only tiny, but he could be a bit braver and more macho, like me. Apparently he put his nose out of the door, saw a lot of cold, white stuff and went back to bed. That cat likes his creature comforts. I’ve been told I shouldn’t be too hard on him. I’m a lot taller than he is, so I suppose if he jumped into a pile of snow he might disappear — and he hasn’t got that many lives left.

I’m now going to try to persuade Linda and David to help me build a snowdog. That will be fun. I just thought… I hope they have enough food for me in the cupboard to last a few days. 

Here are some photos of me playing and hunting for truffles in the snow.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry that I've had to add the verification box, but I've started getting a lot of 'spam' comments & this is how I can stop them.
Thanks for your ynderstanding. Rupert.