homeIf you would like to comment on anything, and I wish you would. Please click on the little penc

Tuesday 21 August 2012

I get hot



We’re suffering from something called a Canny Cool at the moment. As far as I can work out, it’s the French word for a heat wave. This means I have to get up early to go for my walk before 7am as otherwise it’s too hot. Linda and David are wilting a bit in the heat, but they can always jump in the pool. We all end up seeking out the coolest places in the house and taking lots of naps. That’s not a hardship for me, but I think Linda and David should get more exercise and run around a bit. After all, they don’t have to wear a fur coat when it’s 40 degrees C. I’ve also had a report that my arch enemy, Kandy the Cat, has spent the whole day asleep under a bush.

Of course, if it were raining or cold, everyone would be complaining. I sometimes think you can’t please the humans.

I’m sorry the O Limp Picks have finished as I really enjoyed them. My favourite event was the “pass the bone” contest where four humans took turns passing a bone to each other. I don't know who was chasing them, but it looked like fun. What a noisy lot the humans were at the end, though! I didn't like that very much; it seemed to go on forever.

I seem to be getting quite a few friends on this LinkedIn thing. Nobody has asked me for advice yet though. But I have had another request for help. I’ve been told about another abandoned dog. This one is called Freddie.  My friend Anne found him, but she can’t keep him as she already has two dogs. So if anyone knows of a good home for him, I would be very pleased to arrange for you to meet him. He’s only about three or four years old and very friendly and well behaved. Let me know if you can help. Here's his photo.



1 comment:

  1. Thank you Rupert for posting about Freddie. He is the sweetest border collie you could wish to meet. house trained, can be left alone for a few hours, travels well in the car, walks well on a lead and although he won't make a working dog he will make someone a wonderful companion.

    We are still looking for a new home for him because although he gets on really well with my two dogs, I personally don't want three dogs !!!!

    His only faults are getting over excited when the post lady arrives (but then she does provide biscuits) and being very nervous of strange men.

    If anyone knows of a good home for Freddie please let Rupert know.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry that I've had to add the verification box, but I've started getting a lot of 'spam' comments & this is how I can stop them.
Thanks for your ynderstanding. Rupert.