homeIf you would like to comment on anything, and I wish you would. Please click on the little penc

Saturday 14 July 2012

I have a busy week



It’s been a busy week. It was the monthly quiz a few days ago. It’s always difficult because everyone wants me on their team. There weren’t enough doggie questions, though. Of course, the one asking what kind of dog detective Colombo had was easy for me. Although I think he would have been better with a poodle, he actually had a Bassett Hound. How many of you knew that? I may volunteer to set the questions next time.

Then Linda went off to a discussion group where they talked about superstitions. (I think this was because it was Friday the 13th.) She came back and said that they hadn’t mentioned dogs at all. (Well, she did tell everyone about my blog and apparently someone said my ghost writer should get out more. I’m not sure what they meant by that.) So I googled some doggie superstitions for you, and here they are:

1. If you scratch a dog before you go job-hunting, you’ll get a good job.
2. A strange dog walking into your house portends a new friendship.
3. Meeting a dog – especially a Dalmatian – is considered good luck.
4. A dog eating grass means it will rain soon.
5. If you see three white dogs together at the same time, you will have good luck.

If anyone is going for a job, you are welcome to come and scratch me beforehand. I draw the line at going into any unknown houses, though, you don’t know who you might meet. (Anyway, I’m not a strange dog, I’m perfectly normal!) And I think there’s a mistake in number 3 —  somehow Dalmatian has been typed instead of poodle.

I promise not to eat any more grass. Linda is always telling me to stop munching it. You don’t think I’m responsible for all the rain we’ve had this year, do you? Perhaps I’d better stick to steak.

PS: I’ve also heard that people are superstitious about black cats. That Kandy had better watch out.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry that I've had to add the verification box, but I've started getting a lot of 'spam' comments & this is how I can stop them.
Thanks for your ynderstanding. Rupert.