homeIf you would like to comment on anything, and I wish you would. Please click on the little penc

Monday 2 July 2012

I'm on the right track



I have a very good sense of direction — I think there must be a sniffer dog somewhere in my pedigree. I know I didn’t do too well hunting for truffles, but the impish little things kept hiding from me.

The other day, I went for a ramble in the woods with Linda, Ferney and Ferny’s human Amanda. Ferney and I spent a happy half-hour sniffing through the undergrowth hunting for treasure. I did find something and took it to Linda. I thought she would be pleased, but she wasn’t. “Ugh,” she screamed, “Put it down at once”, so I did, but I still don’t know what it was I found.

Anyway, Ferney and I were playing, Linda and Amanda were, as usual, gossiping. Suddenly, Linda stopped and asked: “Does anyone know how to get back to the car?” I didn’t. I’d been too busy playing to watch where we were going, so I shook my head. Amanda didn’t seem to know either and because we had been walking for a long time, Ferney had fallen asleep. Linda and Amanda looked around, trying and find some clues as to where we were. I decided Ferney had the right idea, so had a little nap too. It was all getting quite boring.

In the end, Amanda found some sort of animal track, so I was able to lead everyone back to the car safely. Ferney grumbled a bit when he was woken up, but I was quite proud of myself for taking control of the situation and rescuing us all from the woods.

6 comments:

  1. Hello Rupert,

    You look like a handsome dog, just like me except that I am a black Flatcoat Retriver, but we are the same age. My humans have brougt me to thier house in France for the first time, it was a bit boring in the car the we went all night on a big ship. My mistress worried about me because she knows you don't like the ship, but I just fell asleep until the morning.
    I like this other house as I have lots of space to explore, but its been a bit hot for me and I have had to stay here and guard the house a few times as I don't like hot cars. I was hoping to meet you Rupert and have a few snifs and you could tell me a bit of French. But we have had lots of different humans here all the time working, so I have had a lot of strokes and fuss. One night some other humans were here eating and drinking and I was a bit fed up with all the talking, then thier two cats came looking for them, so I chased them up a tree which livened things up and they have not been back. Just been out for a walk a met a couple of French dogs and it rained, just like home in Wales. I think we are going home soon as I have heard that I have to go to the vets tomorrow! I suppose I have to go on the boat again. I hope I can meet you next time I come later in the year.

    Woof Woof for now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello
    It would be nice to meet you next time you come to France. Perhaps we can email each other. I was impressed that you chased two cats up a tree I've only ever managed one.
    Barks and woofs
    Rupert

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Rupert,

      I am back home now, in the nice cool and wet weather. I am sorry for all the spelling errors in my last message, but I am only a dog and my mistress had had some wine! She was supposed to help me. I have to stay in the kennels here next time they go in August as they are flying and I am not permitted to go on a plane. I do like it a lot in kennels though. I don't think I will be back before September/October.

      Delete
  3. Barks Finlay - How was your trip home? I don't much like those sea voyages myself, too dark & noisy. Did they drug you? Be careful not to get addicted.

    You're better off in kennels in August as its very hot here then & not much fun if you're not used to it. The fall is really nice though; hopefully we can get together for a nice free run though the woods.

    Please say hello from me to all of your friends in kennels and remind them to read and participate in my blog. The more the merrier I say. Dogs of the world unite!

    woofs
    Rupert.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Barks Rupert,

    Sea Voyage was ok not dark at all, the lights were on all night and I just had a good long sleep as I was very tired after watching were we where going on the 5 hour drive to the boat. Bob & Deb are leaving me at home when they go on a quick trip back in August as I am not allowed on the plane with them. I think I should be, but as you say it will be very hot. It is very wet here so not much fun. My mistress went shopping for a grey tie today, I can't think why, perhaps Linda will know.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you got home OK Finlay. I'm not a great traveller myself and worry about those who are on the road so to speak.
    Are you getting a lot of rain? I see on the TV that the UK is having a really wet summer. We're having glorious weather. Hope it last for your people when they com in August.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry that I've had to add the verification box, but I've started getting a lot of 'spam' comments & this is how I can stop them.
Thanks for your ynderstanding. Rupert.